Thursday, December 30, 2010

~*Spotlight on Designer Cheryl Strait!*~


I'd like to introduce you to, ~*CHERYL STRAIT!*~
Before she and I met in person recently, Cheryl and I knew one another's name via the Internet for a couple of years. We had both participated in a One World One Heart blog hop hosted by Lisa Swifka!

I felt an instant rush when I read her name on a sign behind a table she was vending from in Danbury CT. this past fall. 
Instant recognition!

We were both excited to meet one another in person and I really enjoyed viewing and browsing through her array of hand made jewelry offerings.
The selection was so diverse and interesting! She creates a lot of wonderful eye candy!


Cheryl creates mixed media charms too!
Be sure to visit her links so that you can view a wide selection of art to wear that she creates!



Some of Her Handmade Art Charm Collection.




This Is Her Studio!






Enameled Metals









Cheryl, you design a wide array of jewelry and charms. 
How did you get started?
Growing up I was always involved in something creative, be it crafts in girl scouts, , painting and creating signs for the pep club in Middle and High school ,and now Jewelry Making, My husband who was in the Army, always gave me jewelry and after his death in 1997, I thought I would never receive another piece of jewelry from him, after Soul searching and putting my creative wheels in motion, I used my savings to take classes from some of the best instructors I could, and then began working on my jewelry making skills, and growing my business. In essence I feel every time I make a piece of jewelry my husband has a hand in it, and is shining down on me from above.


What are some of your favorite materials to work with and why?
I am a metal and stone girl, I love working with Sterling Silver and gemstones, Sterling has a quality like no other, and using techniques to manipulate this material, is incredibly rewarding.
For stones I like working with Natural gemstones,Turquoise is still my favorite, there is something therapeutic to this stone for me, the colors , veins and textures are amazing.


What is your favorite method of aging metal?
I don't think I have one particular favorite, but I do love hammering on rock stone or concrete to create texture.

Do you feel that you are inspired by nature? 
Yes, I love to sneak away and spend time at the Ocean , desert and Mountains, it brings me back to One, and it does wonders for my Creative Soul.

What types of charms do you collect (if any)
I love handmade charms. 

Do you have any special memories that involve charms?
.....Actually the one that sticks out is when (you) Amber Dawn traded your charms with me at Art is You, in Danbury Ct. This year. It was just so touching , the moment is forever in my heart! 




Thank you SO much for sharing part of your world with us Cheryl!
Amber
One of my favorites!!!- UrbanRomantic on Etsy!



1 comment:

  1. what a great post! I am lucky to own several pieces from Cheryl and wear those with great pride, so much love goes into her art, spilling over to the wearer indeed.. thanks Amber for highlighting her talents, very cool that you two met too :)

    ReplyDelete

~*Remember to leave your name and location. add in an email if you do not mind it being public!*~