Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Countdown to Charm Day! Introducing, Jewelry and Beading Artist, Heidi Parviainen

Welcome to the start of our International Handmade Artistic Charm Day countdown, everyone!
I will be featuring lots of links, tips, techniques, and featuring artists and designers from all over the planet!

 Stay tuned for some of our favorite products and sellers of charm making wares as well!

I discovered some very gifted and talented designers, whom I am looking forward to sharing with you, during the weeks ahead!

It is not too late to join in- if you are hosting an event, would like to share or just want to share your love of artistic handmade art charms, then by all means, contact me!
I'll add you to the list!

To kick off the event- I'd like to share a selection of handmade art charms by a talented designer, who works with a variety of mediums. I saw these charms posted on a forum and asked if I could share them with you! 

Introducing- Heidi Parviainen 
(United States) 

This is my first year celebrating "International Art Charm Day".
I had heard about it through books and magazine articles.
Then I found out, I had been corresponding with the founder!

Well, if that wasn't a sign to get motivated and join in the fun, I don't know what would be.

So, I created a few with different media. I have to tell you. Every time I make one, I want to try another. They are addictive, really.

I love the idea of all the care and creativity poured into these tiny works of wearable art. It's like wearing a mini museum for all to see and share.

What better way to promote friendship and understanding, than trying to bring a smile to someone with something handmade from the heart?

~*~
 Metal clay-


This piece is precious metal clay and 
dichroic glass with a crystal bicone.

I find the simplicity of this piece soothing. 
The media speaks for itself without any extra embellishment.

  Howlite and Forged Copper Wire-


I really had fun with this one. 
It is about as minimalist as you can get: 
1 piece of wire, I barrel bead, 1 head pin.

It's deceptively simple, but I can't help feeling 
a sense of angst or tension looking at it. 
It appears the misshapen wire, clinging desperately 
to the slippery surface of the bead, 
is about to pop off at any moment.

   Embossed copper- 


This piece was created with a 26 gauge annealed copper blank. 
It was embossed, patinated and dapped.

I really like how the metal forming process 
"aged" this piece.
 It looks like it could be 100 years old.



 Happy Harpy- 

This is a little creature I drew. 
I thought she would be great coupled with 
a snippet of a quote from Oscar Wilde, 
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."
I fused clear shrink plastic with colored pencil 
and sharpie to a white shrink plastic backing.

      Scooby Doo,   

Hong Kong Phooey,



  Secret Squirrel and Morrocco Mole- 

I've always been a huge fan of animation. 
These are some of my favorite characters. 
These were all made with Shrink Plastic, 
colored pencil and sharpie.


If you like her work, please leave a comment here, her blog or send her a message!
Thank you for celebrating with us Heidi! :)

beadingmaven@gmail.com 
Heidi Parviainen 




No comments:

Post a Comment

~*Remember to leave your name and location. add in an email if you do not mind it being public!*~